" CISSP certification improves your ability to advance in a cyber security career.
- You want to acquire the skills, experience, and credentials you need to advance within the cyber security field.
- You've seen the technical certifications required by prospective clients and employers.
- You're keenly aware of how valuable the CISSP certification is to attaining your career goals.
- You want to earn your CISSP certification now!
" CISSP certification provides proof of your cyber security knowledge, mastery, and capabilities.
- CISSP certification offers a measurable way of verifying your knowledge of cyber security principles and your ability to put them into practice.
- CISSP certification proves that you're prepared to take on immediate cyber security challenges, stay apprised of new technologies, add to existing skillsets and respond to emerging threats.
- CISSP certification is a highly respected, universally accepted professional credential that moves with you -- wherever you may land in your career!
" CISSP certification adds to your value as a cyber professional and improves your earning potential.
- A 2018 report published by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) shows that advanced certifications, such as the CISSP, translate into a 26% salary premium.
- Forbes ranks the CISSP among the 15 top paying IT certifications for 2020 and lists salaries as "above the median of $136,185."
- From PC Magazine (April 2020): "Should you pass the test, which requires you to have a minimum of five years of relevant experience, you can look forward to the average pay of $141,452 per year."
" CISSP certification opens up new opportunities for you within the cyber security field.
- Government and industry cyber security professionals seek professionals with CISSP certifications.
- Cyber defense analysis (CDA), cyber defense infrastructure support (INF), cyber incident response (CIR), and vulnerability assessment and management (VAM) roles and responsibilities depend upon CISSP certification.
- For more information, visit: https://www.nist.gov/itl/applied-cybersecurity/nice/nice-framework-resource-center
" Certain positions list CISSP certification as a mandatory job requirement.
- If you're an infosec analyst, enterprise architect, systems analyst, information security systems manager (ISSM), IT project manager or a cyber security executive you need to have a CISSP certification to advance your career.
- The CISSP (or Associate) is listed among "DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications" required for certain IA workforce positions.
- For details, visit: https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/
" How stressful is this career?
- According at least one job site, the least stressful job in the country is that of an infosec analyst.
- When stress factors such as amount of travel, deadlines, risk, and physical demands were measured, the infosec analyst role came out on top as having the least amount of stress!
- For details, visit: https://www.theregister.com/2016/06/02/least_stressful_job_is_infosec_analyst/
" Information security is a great path forward, but in addition to CISSP certification, you'll also need experience.
- CISSP certification coupled with industry experience gives you the best advantage.
- From The Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook: "Job prospects for information security analysts should be good.”
- “Information security analysts with related work experience will have the best prospects.”
- For more information, visit: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm#tab-6
Thinking about taking the CISSP certification exam?
- What are the benefits of CISSP certification?
- What are the requirements for CISSP certification?
- What experience do you need to have before you take the CISSP certification exam?
- How should you prepare to take the CISSP certification exam?
- The CISSP NOW! method, documented in the CISSP NOW! ebook, references official (ISC)² study material, which may be purchased from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3711Har
- If you do not have access to the official (ISC)² study material, you will not be able to follow the CISSP NOW! method.
- The CISSP NOW! method is built around continuous self-assessment and quantitative feedback and helps you prepare to pass the CISSP certification exam.
- Disclaimer: Some of the links provided on this website are "affiliate links," as noted, and CISSP NOW! earns a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.