CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional Benefits
" CISSP certification improves your ability to advance in a cyber security career. "
- You want to acquire the skills, experience, and credentials you need to advance within the cyber security field.
- You've seen the technical certifications required by prospective clients and employers.
- You're keenly aware of how valuable the CISSP certification is to attaining your career goals.
- You want to earn your CISSP certification now!
" CISSP certification provides proof of your cyber security knowledge, mastery, and capabilities. "
- CISSP certification offers a measurable way of verifying your knowledge of cyber security principles and your ability to put them into practice.
- CISSP certification proves that you're prepared to take on immediate cyber security challenges, stay apprised of new technologies, add to existing skillsets and respond to emerging threats.
- CISSP certification is a highly respected, universally accepted professional credential that moves with you -- wherever you may land in your career!
- Find out more about CISSP certification benefits. Click to read: What are the Benefits of CISSP Certification?
" CISSP certification adds to your value as a cyber professional and improves your earning potential. "
- Before pursuing CISSP certification, familiarizing yourself with some statistics about the number of holders, average salaries, and career prospects of CISSP can make it easier for you to decide if the certification is the right step for your career. Click here to find out more.
- A 2022 blog post published by (ISC)2 states that "A Cybersecurity Role Has Topped List of Best Jobs" (ISC)2 Blog (January 14, 2022)
- Survey Says: CISSP and CCSP Among the Most In Demand IT Certifications of 2021 - (ISC)² Blog (isc2.org) ... by (ISC)2 blog site (26 February 2021)
- A 2018 report published by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) shows that advanced certifications, such as the CISSP, translate into a 26% salary premium.
- Forbes ranks the CISSP among the 15 top paying IT certifications for 2020 and lists salaries as "above the median of $136,185."
- From PC Magazine (April 2020): "Should you pass the test, which requires you to have a minimum of five years of relevant experience, you can look forward to the average pay of $141,452 per year."
" CISSP certification opens up new opportunities for you within the cyber security field. "
- Government and industry cyber security professionals seek professionals with CISSP certifications.
- Cyber defense analysis (CDA), cyber defense infrastructure support (INF), cyber incident response (CIR), and vulnerability assessment and management (VAM) roles and responsibilities depend upon CISSP certification.
- For more information, visit: https://www.nist.gov/itl/applied-cybersecurity/nice/nice-framework-resource-center
" Certain positions list CISSP certification as a mandatory job requirement. "
- If you're an infosec analyst, enterprise architect, systems analyst, information security systems manager (ISSM), IT project manager or a cyber security executive you need to have a CISSP certification to advance your career.
- The CISSP (or Associate) is listed among "DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications" required for certain IA workforce positions.
- For details, visit: https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/
" How stressful is this career? "
- According at least one job site, the least stressful job in the country is that of an infosec analyst.
- When stress factors such as amount of travel, deadlines, risk, and physical demands were measured, the infosec analyst role came out on top as having the least amount of stress!
- For details, visit: https://www.theregister.com/2016/06/02/least_stressful_job_is_infosec_analyst/
" Information security is a great path forward, but in addition to CISSP certification, you'll also need experience. "
- CISSP certification coupled with industry experience gives you the best advantage.
- From The Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook. "Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 35 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations." https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm#tab-6
- “Information security analysts with related work experience will have the best prospects.”
- For more information, visit: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm#tab-6
Next: Go to REQUIREMENTS
Thinking about taking the CISSP certification exam?
- What are the benefits of CISSP certification?
- What are the requirements for CISSP certification?
- What experience do you need to have before you take the CISSP certification exam?
- How should you prepare to take the CISSP certification exam?
CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional - About the CISSP NOW! method:
- The CISSP NOW! method, documented in the CISSP NOW! ebook, references official (ISC)² study material, which may be purchased from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Information-Security-Professional-Official/dp/1119787637
- If you do not have access to the official (ISC)² study material, you will not be able to follow the CISSP NOW! method.
- The CISSP NOW! method is built around continuous self-assessment and quantitative feedback and helps you prepare to pass the CISSP certification exam.