CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional Requirements
" You need to register for the CISSP exam, sit the exam, and pass it to earn the
CISSP(A) certification. "
CISSP(A) certification. "
- Passing the exam gets you a CISSP Associate or CISSP(A) certification.
- You can get a CISSP(A) certification without having your resume reviewed by (ISC)²!
- A CISSP(A) is not quite the same as a CISSP certification, but for your employer, the difference may not be that important.
- The DOD 8570 framework that much of the US Government uses specifies a CISSP(A), not a CISSP.
You will be able to upgrade your CISSP(A) to the full CISSP certification as soon as you reach your experience requirements.
- CISSP certification evolves with the cyber security industry and the examination that candidates must pass may vary from year to year.
- (ISC)², the "world's leading cyber security professional organization," notes that in 2021, the CISSP certification exam will change in terms of content and weighting, and that there will be a new exam outline.
- To register for the CISSP exam, visit: https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam See also: (ISC)2 Management. (2023, March 30). "NEW CISSP EXAM REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR 2023: Looking to earn your (ISC)² CISSP certification? Make sure you follow these updated steps to register for your exam." (ISC)2 Blog. https://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/2023/03/new-cissp-exam-registration-process-for-2023.html
- For more details about the 2021 CISSP exam, visit: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/Domain-Refresh-FAQ
" You need to have paid work experience for the full CISSP certification. "
- According to the (ISC)², you must have a minimum of five years paid work experience in two of the eight domains that comprise the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge, or CBK, in addition to passing the exam.
- The eight domains which comprise the CBK are fundamental to the cyber security profession and are referenced by cyber security practitioners worldwide.
- A four-year college degree, or regional equivalent, an additional, (ISC)²-approved credential, or an education credit count for only one of the five years required to earn the full CISSP certification.
- An Associate of (ISC)² who does not have the prerequisite five years paid work experience required for CISSP certification will have six years to earn that experience after they pass the exam.
- For more information, check out, CISSP Requirements Guide: Requirements, Trainings, and Cost and visit: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/Experience-Requirements
" You need to be endorsed and approved for the full CISSP certification. "
- Once you have passed the CISSP certification exam, you will need to apply for and receive the endorsement of an (ISC)²-certified professional.
- The endorser must be able to verify your work experience and standing within the cyber security industry.
- The endorsement process must be completed within nine months.
- After your endorsement application has been approved, the next step is to pay the (ISC)² Annual Maintenance Fee.
- For information about (ISC)² endorsement visit: https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement
- For more information about (ISC)² membership, visit: https://www.isc2.org/Benefits-of-Membership
Next: Go to CISSP NOW!
Thinking about taking the CISSP certification exam?
- What are the benefits of CISSP certification?
- What are the requirements for CISSP certification?
- What experience do you need to have before you take the CISSP certification exam?
- How should you prepare to take the CISSP certification exam?
CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional - About the CISSP NOW! method:
- The CISSP NOW! method, documented in the CISSP NOW! ebook, references official (ISC)² study material, which may be purchased from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Information-Security-Professional-Official/dp/1119787637
- If you do not have access to the official (ISC)² study material, you will not be able to follow the CISSP NOW! method.
- The CISSP NOW! method is built around continuous self-assessment and quantitative feedback and helps you prepare to pass the CISSP certification exam.